Subscribe to Our Blog
Get landscaping tips delivered right to your inbox.
"*" indicates required fields
Wake Up Your Property with a Spring Cleanup
The snow is melting and spring has arrived. The plants are starting to wake up so it’s time to start thinking about a spring cleanup for your yard. Typically, this work begins in April and continues through early May. Now is the time to:
- Remove leaves and winter debris from plant beds.
- Rake the lawn where there is evidence of damage caused by voles, salt damage or snow mold.
- Cut back ornamental grasses or perennials that were left standing for winter interest.
- Prune back shrubs, such as spirea, hydrangea and roses.
- Prune tree or shrub branches damaged by storms.
- Edge plant beds for a clean, crisp appearance.
- Apply hardwood mulch.
Shredded hardwood mulch builds soil structure, provides a buffer for fluctuations in moisture and temperature, and facilitates weed control.
Our schedules are filling up fast. Don’t delay, call us now to reserve your spot.